2014 Swim for Diabetes
April 26, 2014
Swim for Diabetes is a Northeast Ohio community-based FUNdraising event that encourages everyone to make a splash! Be a life saver for yourself or a loved one.
COME ON IN AND JOIN US!
Get in the water, have fun and fundraise to help Diabetes Partnership of Cleveland offer assistance to the growing number of those in your community who have the disease.
Participants can raise money by swimming lengths of the swimming pool or by having fun walking in the water, using a kickboard or even doing water aerobics! Swimmers get pledges from family, neighbors or businesses to support their efforts. Donors can either pledge a certain amount of money per length, or make a flat donation to support your efforts. You can also make a donation in honor of someone who had or has diabetes.
100% of every dollar you raise stays right here in Northeast Ohio so that those affected by diabetes receive the support they need to live well with the disease.
“Thank you for your asking me to be a lifesaver. At 84 I expect to do my share as I have since the beginning of the program. I’m signing up again!”
- Swim for Diabetes is for individuals of any age and ability who want to have fun making a splash, while making a difference in the lives of those with diabetes. You will have a great time with family, friends and colleagues swimming, walking in the water, playing water games, using kick boards, or even doing water aerobics.
- Swim for Diabetes “Swim Team Challenge” is for competitive swim teams. Register your school or recreation center swim team on this site then raise funds and have fun competing with other swim teams!
- Can’t participate on April 26th? Don’t worry you can create your own Swim for Diabetes event on another day and place of your choosing prior to Saturday, April 26th.
- Sign up on this secure website with your $15 registration fee and select the pool location at which you will swim. Register Here!!! Call Lori at 216-591-0800 for assistance.
- Then set up your personal web page, send out emails and start fundraising towards a great prize!
- To be eligible to win a prize, all money must be turned in online or in person no later than Monday, April 28th at 11pm.
Download Pledge Form (Only needed if collecting donations off-line)
We’re counting on you to help us make a difference in the lives
of people in our community with diabetes!